Adecco UK Limited and its Group companies (as defined by section 1261 of the Companies Act 2006) (collectively "We" or “Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
How we use your Personal Information
The information you provide to us will be used by Adecco UK Limited for the purpose of assessing your suitability, qualifications and skills, not only for current work assignments/vacancies but also for assignments/vacancies which we think may be of interest to you in the future. We may also use your information to keep you informed by email, telephone and/or mail about future work opportunities and marketing communication.
If you do not wish to consent to the use of your data for any of these purposes, including if you do not wish to receive direct marketing information from Adecco, or you wish to remove your data from our database, please e-mail email@example.com.
Adecco UK Limited is a registered Data Controller and all requests for information or a copy of your personal data should be in writing and addressed to the Data Protection Officer, Legal Services, Adecco UK Limited, Millennium Bridge House, 2 Lambeth Hill, London, EC4V 4BG. Before receiving your personal data you must pay a fee of £10.00 and you may also be asked to submit additional information for identity verification purposes.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the website to help with the recruitment process. This information will include your name, address, e-mail address, phone numbers, work and education history, full CV and any other sensitive personal data as defined in the Act including your responses to and the results of assessments administered through the site, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law.
If we place you with our clients, we shall also request and hold copies of documentation showing your legal right to work in the UK (or the country in which you have chosen to work), and financial information such as bank account details. We may record and store any telephone calls you have with us for record keeping and quality control purposes. We may undertake credit references, and other lawful checks, where a recruitment client or third party requests such information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We also collect information as a total in order to provide us with a better understanding of the users of our site as a group, but which does not contain personally identifiable information.
- We may also use the information for direct marketing via e-mail or telephone.
- We may also store cookies as set out in more detail below
In the event that you only register your e-mail address with us in order to receive job alerts, your data will not be used for any other purpose other than to provide you with details of suitable vacancies which may arise from time to time, together with any relevant marketing communications pertaining to jobs and job advice.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Although we will do our best to protect the storing of your personal data, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or any third party; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information and transferred it to a third party, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Disclosure of your information
- To ensure that content from our site(s) is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We may disclose your personal information:
1. to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985;
2. to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
3. if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time-to-time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookie policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites