What is the Adecco PayCheck Survey?
The Adecco PayCheck Survey 2009/10 is an independent and unique combination of insight and opinion from 300 employers across the private and public sectors, and national and regional pay scale information from the Office of National Statistics.
In a year dominated by the challenges thrown up by the economic downturn, there are signs that employers are still prepared to invest in recruiting and retaining the talented individuals they feel are key to help them out of the economic slump and beyond.
Whilst employers have evaluated employment costs, recruiters have sought new ways to deliver value to clients. The report highlights these changes and the way that we reward, incentivise and manage employees in the UK & Ireland.
2009 UK workplace snapshot
• It takes 7.4 weeks to recruit a member of staff for an existing position
• The average length of employment in the UK is 5.1 years
• 60% of respondents have undertaken an HR strategy reliant on cost cutting
• 40% of respondents have experienced moderate to significant redundancy; only 26% have not been affected by redundancy
What else can you find in the report?
• What’s most important when considering salary negotiations?
• What methods are being used to recruit employees?
• What are the true costs of bringing a new recruit on board?
• What influence has the downturn had on employer HR strategies?
To view an abridged version of the Adecco PayCheck Survey 2009/10, please click here.
To receive a full version of the Adecco PayCheck Survey 2009/10, please register your interest.
Research was undertaken by Loudhouse Research, an independent UK consultancy; with additional consultation by the Institute for Employment Studies (IES)