We might be a nation hooked on the security of something a little more permanent, but change is coming (trust us).
We might be a nation hooked on the security of something a little more permanent, but change is coming (trust us). Why? Because people – employees and employers alike – are starting to cash in on the freedom and flexibility that temporary working has to offer. But if you still need a little convincing, take a look at our reasons below, which explain why temps are absolutely tip top when it comes to meeting your staffing needs:
1. Ready, set, trial: Sometimes, permanent hires can be a bit of a gamble. The joy of temp assignments is the breathing space – letting you evaluate the candidate in question, and your need for their skills long-term.
2. New blood, new energy: They say change is as good as a rest, and we couldn’t agree more! Breathe some fresh air into your business with a different kind of employee, and the new ideas they carry with them.
3. Aid your agility: The traditional use of temps is to plug a hole. But that’s so old hat. Temps aren’t just about covering a sudden sick day anymore. Nope! Having quality temps on hand allows you to adjust quickly to meet workload fluctuations.
4. Temps take the pressure: Existing team struggling with a task? Bring in a temp! The very DNA of a temporary worker is set to all-systems-go; which means they’re able to grasp projects quicker than most.
5. Skill specific: When you need a particular skill set for a particular job, there’s nothing more convenient than a temp who can swoop in and get the job done – then leave you to your merry way. Luckily for you, we know the best!
6. Escape the red tape: Okay, this will be music to your ears. When you employ a temp, the agency becomes the employer − responsible for recruiting, screening and testing, along with payroll, tax and insurance (in other words, the whole shebang)
7. More bang for your buck: Hiring a temp can be more cost effective than hiring permanent employees with benefits – in the short term at least. You can chat to us to find out more about temp vs. perm costs.
8. Value for money: For permanent workers, there will always be quiet times. But temps have a very specific purpose – whether it’s covering a busy period, servicing a one-time client, or executing a specific project; so you always get what you pay for.
9. Painless execution: One of the hardest tasks for any employer is having to let someone go when their skills are no longer needed, but for temporary workers, this part is always painless – because it’s always expected!
10. Flexitime: Need an extra pair of hands on a Wednesday afternoon? No problem! When it comes
to temporary hires, you can easily get the flexibility you need to keep your business running efficiently – and you can make the hours suit you.
So there you have it. Temporary workers really do have something new to offer your business, and then some. And it just so happens that we have trusted relationships with the best of the best. Yep, our network of temp workers is (quite frankly) second to none.
So if you’d like to talk temps with a true temp expert, we’d love to hear from you. And if it isn’t temporary staff you are looking for, we specialise in permanent candidates too.
According to a recent study featured in the Independent, UK employers are not doing enough to recruit the over 50s – leaving 73% with an overwhelming feeling of bias. And while younger workers might be the future, their more experienced counterparts have plenty of future left in them yet. Perhaps more importantly, many also have the skills, business ethos and general attitude prized by today’s organisations. And with those pesky skills gaps continuing to grow at an alarming rate, this is not a section of society you want to ignore.